It was yesterday, the 12th March, 2009 that I realised how very sincere Hon’ble Dr.Ms. Mercy ma’am was. We were told to go the CC block to pay the fees. True to spirit of students we wanted a free hour so we made Patcy ask Hon’ble Dr.Ms. Mercy ma’am for permission. She had told us to go batch by batch and we happily agreed. We had VE during the fourth hour. I, Mathaangi, Mirambique and Princess Shakti asked permission from Uma ma’am and left the class. We were happily dreaming that we’ll be having a part of the last hour for ourselves, went to the CC block to pay the fees, gossiped about ….*”*surprise, surprise*”*…. Anjana ma’am, inky pinkied to vote for the Gen Sec and Treasurer and happily went to the class when the whole class was crowding the CC Block reception. We had hardly placed our bums on the chair when you-know-who came. We wished her and she nodded back.
“Sahithya, clean the board”, she said.
I did with my heart jumping frantically between my throat and esophagus. Unfortunately I never got to master the art of being confident in front of a teacher even if I didn’t do anything wrong. And certainly the notebook incident and the CBI style inquiry in the department didn’t help.
I had not even finished when she started dictating like she always does and she talked and acted like the class was full of people.
I ran to my place took out the notebook and started writing. By the time Punitha the fifth person came to join us, which is seven minutes later, she had finished half the lemma or the theorem or whatever crap she was taking.
We have always commented that she came to the class because the black board…oops the green board was he favorite student. But it was only yesterday did I realise that it was not just a vague comment about a random lec. By the time, the rest of the class joined us at 12.35 approx. she had finished most of that day’s quota.
Shabba…idhukku mela ennala mudiyala.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment